2016 is here, albeit this post is a tad late, but here’s to another wonderful year and another year full of goals. 2015 was full of capturing photos for clients that they will hopefully cherish forever. In 2015 I moved to Hoboken and I’m excited for the challenges and possibilities that lie ahead.
Here is a look at both my person and business goals for the year ahead:
- I hope to book more than just a few weddings this year. While I have many friends that are getting married and I have offered them my services, I am hoping to book a few weddings in the Hoboken area as well.
- Create a better workflow and all around system for downloading images, backing up images, editing and then delivering them to the client.
- Reach out to past clients to see if they have any other couples or families looking to get photographs done.
- Continue to define my style. There are times when I look at certain photos that are 180 degrees from where I normally want my photography to be. Figuring my style out more as an artist and photographer is going to be challenging and I need to take more photos outside of my comfort zone and seek out different vantage points.
- Blogging more. I want to be able to post a set of photos at least once every week or every other week. This means I need to start shooting more than I normally am.
- Purchase a second camera body and another lens. All photographers dream about the latest and greatest gear, and I typically rent gear when I need something, but it would be nice to actually own some of the stuff I rent continuously.
- Get healthy. For me this means losing the weight that I have put on since I left the military in 2010. Dealing with stress, depression, constantly moving and not having a set schedule, and not making the right choices when eating has definitely increased the weight. So my goal is to be healthier in both exercising and eating right.
- Save towards a trip solely based on the goal of photography and video making during the trip.
- I want to start a vlog (although I probably don’t do too much exciting things in a day), but maybe creating a weekly vlog will force me to be more creative.
- I want to start sharing more of my personal life and general lifestyle/photo advice on this blog.
What are YOUR specific goals this year? Let’s make 2016 a great year!